Monday, August 18, 2008

Toriana turns SEVEN months!

Stealing Jonathan's toys!
Cousins at Convention!
Hugs from Grandpa and Grandma
Zariah and her friend Cohen.
Our little baby isn't so little anymore - she's about 27" and TWENTY pounds ... wow. I'm getting ready to order her "big girl car seat" as the Snugride is getting a bit too small. Which is unfortunate because that is where she sleeps 90% of the time! Many of you moms have recommended springing for a Britax since she can use it all the way until 65 # and since they're rated highly for safety ... anyone have an experience that would discourage me from getting the Boulevard?
Toriana enjoyed all of the goings on at convention - being home with mom today is so boring that she promptly just fell back asleep (maybe convention wore her out!?) She did SO much better than at Chelan - yay! She had lots of play mates - her cousins all enjoyed playing peek a boo with her and holding her every chance they got. She got to share a bench with Gwyndolyn for a couple of meetings ... And from 2 rows ahead of us, Brielle kept looking back with HUGE grins. We stayed with Troy and Lisa and Toriana loved watching Jacqueline and Julia in the mornings while we were getting ready. There are more pics on my Shutterfly account for those who think this isn't enough (...Nana and Papa!)

9 comments:

Boyd Family said...

Too bad I didn't get a picture of Mack and Toriana together! I could kick myself...hopefully there will be more opportunities in the future. I am going to steal the picture of Cohen and Zariah though...too cute!

Boyd Family said...

Also wanted to add I love my Britax Marathon! Mack will be in it soon. I'm sure the Boulevard is just as great!

All American Family said...

I've been a "lurker" for quite some time, but never have commented. I've really enjoyed watching little miss Toriana grow. About the Boulevard - we have one for our son and he absolutely LOVES it. Definately worth the splurge - I think you will not regret it.

(I knew Scott when he lived out East - my "connection" to the Z. family.)

Jane said...

Oh Jill, time goes so fast...I remember peeking at your blog everyday at the beginning of January to see if you had your baby yet...and now 20lbs?? And now ours is 5 months, but it seems like it will be forever before she hits 20 lbs seeing that we just broke 12!! Toriana is so fun, hope to see you for a quick bit in a couple of weeks - I think Toriana and Sally will get along well!!

Brent and Dayla said...

Jill, As Brent says...Marissa gets to ride in the Cadillac of carseats everytime we go somewhere, since she has a Britax. Highly recommend it! Love, Dayla

Darin, Jean, Samson & Sydney said...

Hi Jill,

I just checked on Consumer reports (I have an online membership) and the Britax Roundabout is the #1 rated convertible car seat with the Marathon #4. Evenflo Triumph #5 has the same rating as the Roundabout (81 points out of 100 possible) and it is 1/2 the price ($120). #3 is the Cosco Alpha-0mega Elite 22-155 ($160) with a score of 80 and the Britax Marathon had a score of 58/100. They did not rate the Boulevard. In Infant Car Seats the Chicco Key Fit was the top rated with a score of 88/100 with the Britax #2 with a 77/100.

By the way, your daughter is totally adorable!!

Also, my Aunt Karen would like your e-mail address. Could you e-mail to me at dljmclark @ yahoo . com?

Thanks!! Jean

GIEJ Long said...

Just wait and see how they'll soon fight on toys. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill!
It was so nice catching up with you, today! Toriana is sooo cute! So full of life....fun to hear her babbling across the line. WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER IN PERSON one day, soon.
Hugs,
L & family
x

Lani said...

Fun to see pix of the little gal with cousins (lovin' the orange outfits, by the way!) and Grandpa and Grandma. Looks like you've had a fab month.