Friday, April 17, 2009

15 Months!!

"Dada, Mom, Thank you (suh-shu), Hello (or sometimes "lo") Cheese, and Toe (for Toriana of course)" are the words of the day around here now. This is encouraging to Mommy as I get sort of disappointed when reading my baby book - I was saying all sorts of things at age one and little missy has taken her sweet time with communication, but she's finally coming around. Maybe rather than being so verbal, she'll grow up to "speak" C++ and with her Daddy?
And/or maybe she'll grow up to scale great heights? Because she sure is a busy little climber - and her preferred place to walk is the couch or bed, nice and uneven! We've been cracking up at her latest trick ... putting it in reverse and taking little methodical steps backwards, sometimes all the way across the room, until she runs into something.
We're taking a great little music class at Green Lake community center, complete with drums, rattles, dancing, and singing and geared perfectly to this age group - she's warming up slowly but surely - I think it's a good way for her to start getting through some of her extreme shyness ... ?!
Today she had her 15 mo. check up - she's 23#4oz (55th percentile) and 31" tall (70th) and I learned last week she has a size 5 1/2 foot (bigger than average although I'd be curious to hear from you other mamas what your similar aged kids are? I don't have much to compare it with but they sure look BIG!) We're up to 12 teeth these days so chewing is no problem. Thanks to some coaching from Kaitlyn, Katrina and Kenny, toothbrushing is happening every day without a fight - woohoo, the power of positive examples!! In the past month we've even crossed another huge milestone - 2 nights of 8+ hrs of sleep (although there are plenty of 3-4 hr increments still, this is encouraging progress!)
I have zillions of pictures and videos so it's hard to know what to post. But you didn't sign on here to read a novel from me, so here are a few pics to satiate your curiosity as to what Miss Toriana Grace is up to these days. If you want more pictures you can check our Shutterfly albums. Until next time ... happy SPRING!


Last spring ... and This spring! What a difference a year makes! Mommy loved this dress, so when it went on clearance at the end of summer she bought an 18 month old one - I've sure grown a lot!!
PEEKABOO I see you!!!!
A day at the zoo ... a nice place for a picnic with Nana and then a nap!
Thanks for my VT dress, Caroline and Lilian (notice my hands - as usual filled with keys, a pen, a cell phone or a camera ... who needs toys?)
Say CHEESE!!!
Ok, here's a new video for Tristan. Also, I have more videos at Shutterfly but in order to see them I need to add you to my You Tube account (I've kept them private - but if you have an account on YouTube you can easily see them - many are shorter than this one which is sort of redundant unless you're either Toriana's parent or grandparent - or a two year old viewer!).



Ok, one more video I just uploaded from my camera!

5 comments:

Brent and Dayla said...

Adorable videos! I can't believe how she just takes out one pan & then so neatly puts it back...MJ would have unloaded the drawer at her age! Love seeing how much she has grown, too....it's hard to believe how fast they change each day & yout don't realize it in the moment. Thanks for sharing!

GIEJ Long said...

That is true, she seems to be more organized than my kids too, if this is how she is in general. Jonathan would take the whole drawer out and in the best case would play with them for a minute, otherwise he would just take them out and leave. Anoying isn't it?
Jonathan's shoe size is 4 and Emily's is 6 (or not even 6) so...
But it is true that Jonathan's percentile is smaller in general, height 70%, weight 20%.

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

ok, she's a typical toddler - don't worry ... she has unloaded many a drawer and this video was abruptly stopped when she went for the glass bowl! =)

Tawn said...

10 month olds named Gwyndolyn really like Toriana videos too. Help get the fingernails clipped.

pharmfamily said...

Aren't they just so funny toddling around at this age?! Bet you never thought you'd have abc flooring, huh? lol! Love the peekaboo video, too. Btw, Paige's shoe size is 6...she is almost 2-1/2. :)