It's fun to reflect on our past 9 years - I'm seeing a clearer divide into BK and AK in our life's timeline ... wow, things sure change when you transition from BK to AK!!! It's nice to see qualities displayed in each other that weren't there BK ... it's sort of sad to say goodbye to the sponteniety of BK (and the lodges we've come to love that are open to couples only - ahem, Lakedale Resort!) ... it's awesome to feel the heart expansion that happens AK. Eigtheen months later, I'm really enjoying the antics and enthusiasms of little missy and I'm thankful for Trevan's kind, considerate partnership in trying to figure this all out!
Ok, so the REI backpack works better than the Moby Wrap now ... but it doesn't sound as good with Mochas and Mountains! We took a Saturday excursion to Whidbey Island a few weeks ago... Hiked at Ft. Ebey Wildlife Preserve for a 5 mile bluff to beach loop.
The obligatory "stand in the wind in the front of the ferry" picture ... you can sort of see Mt Baker in the background.
Hmm, this is one of the "official" 18 month shots but apparently it didn't copy very well from the Kiddie Kandids website! Oh well...We think the measurement may've been a little high, but she checked in at 33.5" height, 24.11 lbs weight, and overall healthy yet again - something to be so thankful for. She still is on the move almost all the time, but after my last post she started bringing me books to read again, occasionally and as long as we clicked along pretty fast she would stick around for a whole book or two .. woo hoo, there's hope! She's still in no hurry to use words - we need to find a chatty little 3 or 4 year old for her to befriend, I think. She is using a few signs and she's pretty good at getting her point across most of the time - I adore her vigorous head nodding and feel grateful that the answer to most questions is a nod "yes" rather than "no"! (for now!)
We had fun seeing Sally and family a few weeks back and also seeing Gwyndolyn and her growing! family during our trip to Oroville ... maybe we'll post pics from that later. For now, it's too hot and there are too many things to do besides sit at the computer, so dear faithful blog checkers, this shall have to be all for today. Do drop a note to tell us what you're enjoying this summer, eh?!OH, I finally found my Canon Elph (how did it get in that meeting bag that we never ever use anymore???!) so there are some new videos now - I'll try to upload a couple soon. I know that Gwyndolyn and others enjoy watching them while they get their nails trimmed. =)
4 comments:
Jill...this is such a sweet post...I loved your mention of your husband--he's a keeper! ;-D And Toriana is such a doll; I'll mention, I have a VERY chatty 4-year-old who will be happy to help with language development...;-D
Hugs from the OTHER side of the water!
I love her cheesy smiles, so cute!
Thanks for the update, Jill!
3 is fun but 4 is a blast! *grin
I'm with you...the REI back pack is better for excursions now...but the moby packs up well in the car and if you can use it with her on your back...it's great for the last minute walks etc.! :)
Post a Comment