So what does a 19 month old do? Well, she starts to form her own strong opinions about many things ... Today, for example, she insisted on wearing TWO diaper covers (that match random dresses) over her leggings, under her skirt ... and she also insisted* on the trendy, magenta ballet shoes that are size 7, which is right, but in reality they are way too narrow for her chubby feet. (A well-meant gift which I discovered yesterday when getting out 24 months clothing) Terribly uncomfortable looking compared to all sorts of sensible - and cute! - options provided by her mother. Oh dear, she's already got that girl mentality ... "my shoes may leave blisters but at least they're fashionable!"
*to clarify, by "insisted" in this case, I mean ... she demanded that I help her remove the shoes I had selected and brought me these instead and stuck her feet out very patiently as I struggled to get them on her ... and then she wore them for multiple hours thereafter. Kinda cute. And kinda makes me shutter!! =)
4 comments:
...and I lament all the too-cute shoes, just sitting in my closet, while I traipse around in proper Brook tennis shoes with arch supports in order to hopefully-heal plantar fasciitis. Ah, the days of cute shoes! Enjoy them, Toriana-but try to keep 'em comfy! (Cute story, J!) :) Kat
Shoes are what defines a girl, right? Sounds like you're having an awesome summer. Wish I could be there to enjoy it too!
Jonathan and Emily understand perfectly what it is to have your own oppinion about how things should be. I can't quite picture Toriana like that, just from how she is in mtgs or even at play dates. But I suppose that she will soon start to let the 'public' know too about her oppinions. At least this is what happens at our house :-(
Kinda glad I don't have to worry about the girly stuff but Mack does like his tennis shoes and insists on wearing them too! He can be persuaded otherwise if he can see the shoes he wants. Love both your new posts! The hide and seek cracked me up!
Post a Comment