Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pronouns are hard!!

Ok, so first of all, blogspot decided to accept a video, so although it's not one of our finest cinematic moments, here ya go! Toriana was half-way undressed, practicing for the Olympics (if you listen carefully you'll hear her declare "10!".

Pronouns, pronouns, pronouns! These days, Toriana is "you" and Mommy is "me" ... She is referring to us this way quite a bit right now - which is how she hears ME say it ... she hasn't figured out how to reverse it and I'm finding it unimportant to correct because I'm pretty sure it'll sort itself out (although it can be a bit confusing sometimes when she demands that "YOU' need to eat something that I'm already actively eating,,, when in fact she's referring to herself!). Here are a couple of pictures from this past week and we'll see you later in the month!

Toriana and I had a most lovely impromtu picnic at the Edmond's waterfront - she was THRILLED to have her first "yogurt juice". I was thrilled to see Olympic mountains, ferry boats, and the beautiful Puget sound! The trains were a wee bit scary and loud but ultimately pretty "ok", from the comfort of a nice tight Mommy hug. We must find ourselves here again!!

I think Toriana is sad because so many people stop by our blog and so few people ever say hello. What are YOU up to today??! Is is springtime in your world yet? G'day!

10 comments:

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Hi Toriana! Nope, today isn't spring here! Two days ago we had spring, now it feels like fall! ;)

Hilary said...

I will say hello instead of lurking around like I usually do :) Wasn't Saturday fantastic?!! We had our first barbeque of the year and I didn't have to wear a parka and snow boots to work in the yard - yahooooo!!!

The Read family said...

Tell Toriana pronouns are hard! Natalia did the exact same thing at about the same age, and yes, they grown out of it - I think that stage lasted about 2 months for Natalia! We've seen the Edmonds waterfront park when we ride Amtrak to Seattle - it looks nice - glad you could get out and enjoy the sunshine - hope to run into you before long, on this side or in Oroville!

DoRe' said...

Clever girl! :D

We're here in your part of the country; it's beautiful, even through sleepy eyes (we caught a red-eye). Love the pictures, as always! ♥

Boyd Family said...

Yah Toriana! She's doing great! Mack is referring to himself all the time "Mack swing". He also has his brothers names down too "Lach" and "Yo" (Co) too cute! Love checking your blog regularly!

Jeff, Rebekah, Chloe, and Wyatt said...

Hi! yes I check your blog! Feel like I know you a little more because of it! =) I of course enjoy seeing what other mothers of little ones are up to!

Unknown said...

Hi from Denver! I was so excited to see you guys enjoying Edmonds --- my absolute favorite piece of waterfront! Toriana's so cute, glad to see and hear that you guys are doing well. Miss you, Jordana

Tawn said...

I think your daughter is adorable, but can I say that 475 times later, i'm really tired of watching her gymnastic feats? We were in a car with a DVD player, and G asked to watch "Ah-na" as she didn't get the idea that the DVD player wasn't also a computer.

Jane said...

Hi Jill and Toriana! We love the Edmonds beach too!! It is our favorite, actually. We will certainly have to get together for a beach day when we are there next time! These kids really are fun, Sally hasn't called me "Me or You" yet, but she does call me "Jane" which is a bit strange coming from your two year old...oh the fun!

Barb said...

Here again for the first time in a long time! Was that Gma and Gpa's new house in the "Tigger" video? I recognized Dode and Merna and the Longs in the "Green Party," and Toriana is really growing..she does a fancy somersault! It's FINALLY getting to be Spring in the Midwest! Hi from us to you!