Well, since we last chatted (thanks for all the comments, Toriana's tears turned to smiles!) "airmain" has become "airpain" and "You" has learned to also use (appropriately) "Mine". We've spent more time with other kids this month and I can't decide if she's learning through example or if it's just human nature coming out to shine, or a bit of both. But, oh, we do need to learn the art of playing nicely with other kids!! Practice makes perfect they say, so I guess we just keep slogging along, making sure to "teach" as we go. And reminding ourselves that one day we Mommas can sit and sit mochas, chatting pleasantly while the kids play independently in the adjacent room (well, I can dream can't I?!)We had fun with Nana, Pop and Shell (Translation: my parents and sister, Michele!) early in March. Toriana loved playing the piano and singing, with Pop. And playing and playing with Nana! And Michele brought her some very cute barrettes that she is enjoying. Then we went to Oroville to celebrate Jim&Ellen turning 90! And, that gave us the chance to meet Gwyndolyn's cute little sister Lydia. And to try out G's toys! She had a fun playhouse and firetruck tent and all sorts of good things. That's T&G in the stroller in the first picture. Oh, and she has this big dog named Buck that Toriana liked only from a distance (but of whom she still talks fondly, weeks later!) Grandma had a really cool Tigger toy (see video).
For the record, Toriana has "mastered" colors and really enjoys identifying them in all aspects of life - it's fun to see her so tuned in, when we're out and about - "Orange taxi!" "Blue dump truck!" "Green Garbage truck!" "TWO bikes!" Her favorite "vehicle" by far is still a "trackty" though (tractor - applies to bulldozers, backhoes, lawnmowers, etc!)
Ok, with no further ado, here are some pics (I hope! Com'on blogspot, cooperate today please!!)
Sunday with Nana and Pop
Daffodils from the yard - must be springtime!
The GREEN party!! Held the Friday before St Patricks Day - Green attire and Green food were the requirements. And no, we didn't just eat lots of salad - there's green pasta, salsa verde, pesto, and all sorts of other yummy green food! Trevan made green cupcakes! Using ... a yellow cake mix, following the recipe except putting spinach-puree water from our Vitamix instead of water ... they were beautiful and you couldn't taste spinach AT ALL! The new yummy way to get your spinach!!

Daffodils from the yard - must be springtime!
The GREEN party!! Held the Friday before St Patricks Day - Green attire and Green food were the requirements. And no, we didn't just eat lots of salad - there's green pasta, salsa verde, pesto, and all sorts of other yummy green food! Trevan made green cupcakes! Using ... a yellow cake mix, following the recipe except putting spinach-puree water from our Vitamix instead of water ... they were beautiful and you couldn't taste spinach AT ALL! The new yummy way to get your spinach!!

Playing with some puppies from Daddy's collection (Grandma brought a whole box over!) I wonder what message she's lovingly conveying to this little pup!
Happy April everyone!! May the spring fairies sprinkle lots of sunshine and flowers on your world and ours!
4 comments:
What a gorgeous picture of Toriana with the daffodil! She's at such a great age, enjoy this spring with her!
Sigh, I'm going to be spending a lot of time hitting the "play" button on that video. It's making me laugh the first couple of times. And glad Buck is remembered so fondly.
We have finally reached that time when mommy can sit back and sip her mocha with other momma's while little daughter is off playing in the playroom with friends ever so nicely! (of course now little brother has just turned one, so soon momma will have to hang out in the playroom again!)ahh well, it's such a short time, looking back now. I also love the pic of Toriana with the hat and daffodil!
So fun to check in to your blog and catch snippets of Toriana and Gwyndolyn together! I'm missing you Washington folks while I'm up here--but loving Alaska too so I can't complain. Thanks for the updates, I love the little glimpses of your lives.
Post a Comment