Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Table manners...

So, we've been working a bit on table manners:  "May I please have some more ___ ?"  Sometimes there is something lost in the translation.  For example, last week Toriana wanted Monica to take her for a tricycle ride around the neighborhood.  Often we will look for cats as we go on these little jaunts and occasionally our scouting is rewarded with a glimpse of a cat through a window or on a front porch.  When admonished to ask Monica politely if she would take her for a ride, Toriana came out with "May I please have some more cats??"  That night she was begging her daddy to pick her up and he reminded her to ask nicely.  She promptly responded "May I have some hold please?"  Chuckle chuckle.... gotta love it! 
Two little transitions we've recently made: 1) She is no longer "Torna" but "Toy-ee-ah-na" and 2) "Why?" is definitely firmly planted in the vocabulary!  She is the #1 participant in music class these days, singing all the words, dancing, drumming and singing - I got to witness this today after hearing reports from her sitters .. where oh where did my little shy girl go?!  I think she's still there, but it's thrilling to see her come out of her shell a bit!
I've enjoyed almost 2 weeks of "lesser" bedrest now - my next appointment is Thursday and we hope, hope, hope that things will still look good and my restrictions can stay the same or be lifted even more!  9 weeks til baby is due - I'm really not sure there's any way I can expand much more without popping.  So I'm voting for 6-7 more weeks ... but the lesson learned with Toriana was that I didn't have a bit of say in the matter!
It's definitely starting to look and feel like fall around here ... time for football, mochas, rainboots (sniff, goodbye flipflops!), and figuring out how to entertain a 2.5 yr old indoors!  No pics b/c my computer consultant hasn't quite got my download program working on my "new and improved" computer.  Next time ...

2 comments:

AmyB said...

A good update! Glad to hear things are going well...and you sound so upbeat :-) keep it up!

K 'n' K said...

Thinking of you! Hoping things keep going smoothly for the next 9 or less weeks! I love T's "May I have a hold, please?" heehee