Some musings:
If an Art Museum has art work on display, a Flight Museum has airplanes and such on display, usually behind glass walls, why oh why do they call a very interactive, fun, indoor place of learning a "Children's Museum"?? (There wasn't a child one displayed behind glass, for which I was very grateful!) I have to say the Seattle Children's Museum provided an excellent rain-escape for us this morning - it's fun to see Toriana exploring so heartily, listening so intently at story time, participating so fully in art time, etc. Almost-three is a wonderful age!! I also give 2 thumbs up to the Everett Imagine Museum - we've enjoyed exploring it with Emily and Jonathan and we're glad for the Savvy Source half-price discount on membership that means we'll be going there fairly often over the next year!
In the baggage area of the Boeing Jet
Water room with Emily!
The Italian Restaurant - serving up pizza and ice cream
A little friendly game of chess on the rooftop play area
And at the Seattle Museum, Clifford was making a guest appearance!
Musing#2
So, my body clearly does not tend towards kicking out a growing child at an early date ... it's hard not to wonder how necessary bed rest was. My only peace comes from trusting that the experience was good for us all in at least some ways. And from realizing that there's no way to know - perhaps we would have a child in the NICU if we hadn't taken the recommended precautions. For all that modern medicine knows, I have to say it's fairly clueless about many things ... this was really a guessing game all along but the docs insisted on erring on the side of caution, with no alternative option offered. I cannot go back and re-claim any of those 14 weeks and so we just move forward. I am slowly building some strength back and am enjoying my Toriana time. But I'm also VERY ready to be non-pregnant and so I hope desperately that little Mister will come this week rather than next ... or the next. Technically, I will be at 39 weeks tomorrow. And unofficially, my abdomen will likely burst if it has to expand any more!
I'm not sure I've heard Toriana read a story from memory with this much accuracy before ... she was busy playing "Miss Patti" ... We have been going to story time at the Kenmore Library and she quite adores the teacher, Miss Patti. I love to see her developing a love of books! Lately she's been insatiable - wanting us to read her story after story ... it's wonderful to witness/experience (and sometimes a bit tiresome, to be honest - 6 page lift-a-flaps were a lot easier!!) But, a love of reading is such a gift and I do hope that Toriana will continue to love books and reading!! I recall how many magical worlds were opened to me through books ... from Beverly Cleary to Anne of Green Gables to Encyclopedia Brown to even the twins of Sweet Valley High. And I have such wonderful memories of gathering around Grandma's LazyBoy with all the cousins to hear the next chapter/s of Little House on the Prairie.
Adios until next time, when I hopefully introduce you to Mister XYZ!







6 comments:
Oh, little Toriana is growing so fast! LOVE to hear her read! She and her friend Emily do that so well! I can hardly wait to meet Mr. XYZ! Does that stand for Xavier Yousef Z?!?! That would be an interesting name! :)
Toriana reading is adorable-- I agree it is wonderful to see kids catch that love of reading. I still love reading your blog-- I'm another "dinosaur" who is still attached to writing on my blog, despite the fact I do manage to write more on FB. All the best luck to you and the Little Mister!
Yea for blogs! Yea for blog updates!! And yea for a near-future update of a sweet little boy entering this world! Thanks for sharing the pictures and thoughts! I appreciate your attitude about your 14 weeks of bedrest. I'm not sure I could be quite so positive! But like you said, you don't get them back! Thinking of you this week...and maybe next! :)
Jill, we are glad when there is an update on your blog, and about once a month isn't that bad though. But we hope that this time it'll be sooner than that, as we need to see Mrs XYZ as soon as pictures are available. And I know that you, as a good friend, won't let us wait too long :-)). It was good to see you and Toriana today on such a lovely day.
I forgot to say that I love how Toriana reads her book, and how at the end she throws it aside and grabs another one. This is a great video of your little book lover.
I'm always glad when I peek in and see you've updated so I can see a little bit of your lives! But then, I still haven't succumbed to FB either.
Post a Comment