
So convention came at a good time for us. Our house was broken into last week, just a couple days before we left ... So, it was good to leave our thoughts of stolen "valuables" and go to Chelan to receive some TRUE valuables! We had pleasant temps, lots of willing babysitters, and a semi-happy baby. Most of all, we had wonderful bread shared and even though I was in/out of meeting a lot, there's time now to be quiet and reflect on the notes I jotted down. Toriana definitely was out of her routine and wasn't a huge fan of being passed around, much to the disappointment of many! Maybe she'll be more friendly by Milltown. It would've been fun to get a picture of Brielle, Kaitlyn, Spencer, Jonathan, Wade, and the other babies sharing their first convention together, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I sure enjoyed the camaraderie of the other "Mommies on duty"!
As for the break-in, my laptop was stolen and so that's a huge inconvenience. If you are one of my email correspondents, would you please send me a quick note so that I can make sure I have your address again? I have re-captured some of them but at least 50% are gone. Also ... please, please back up whatever is important to you on your computer! Luckily Trevan has been really good about backing up my pictures so I still have almost all of them on our external drive.
Here's a hug from me saying thank you for being a friend ... and encouraging you to stop and hug those people near and dear to you, today! They matter way more than "things" or "to do lists" or "deadlines"!


4 comments:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. What a terrible feeling that is.
Grandpa and I were thrilled to get to Chelan for Saturday and Sunday morning AM mtg before we needed to head back. It was so wonderful, and the weather also cooperated quite nicely didn't it!?
Lane
Toriana is such a cutie, I love looking at your pictures and so sorry about your break in. I am jealous that you have already gotten a convention - I am heading to Chugwater next week with my folks so we will get our turn:o). Happy days to you three!!
Oh... I'm so sorry about the break in. :( Not a very comfortable feeling. Hugs to you all and kisses for Toriana. ;)
You have a darling little girl! I enjoyed seeing the "family picture," and a little peek at Gma and Toriana, and the grounds too! :) Congratulations! Barb & Greg
Post a Comment