Thursday, January 10, 2008

D-Day ... of the Due Date

Status: 1 increasingly disappointed woman, 1 patiently enduring man, and 0 baby.
I need a major diversion but it's cold, windy, and rainy so nothing brilliant is coming to me besides cleaning the house and that doesn't sound very fun at all. My folks arrive from VA tonight so maybe she'll decide to come in time to greet her grandparents ... Or maybe not! Hope everyone's having a good Jan 10th.

7 comments:

Brent and Dayla said...

Oh, how I sympathize with you, Jill! I was SO sure that I would have Marissa in the month of June, as she was due June 30th. So I threatened her with induction plans if she was a week late, therefore, she came on her own 2 days after her due date. Just give the little girl some pats on the bum & tell her life will be okay out here...and maybe she'll come sooner than later! Perhaps she wants to make her grand appearance when her grandparents are here & ready with their cameras! :-) Thinking of you! Dayla

Anonymous said...

It's ok Jill!!!! Really, it's ok to be one day "overdue"...she's just so cozy in there to budge. ;) I got major nest-y on my due date and cleaned the whole house and by that night she was on her way! Just a few hours after mom arrived, too! Mother knows best, right!?! So you just might be in luck! Hang in there, friend....hugs from chilly California. xo Laurie

Boyd Family said...

As you know, I can SOOOOO relate to how you are feeling. Try to be patient...she WILL come out when she is ready. Every boy of mine has been late and I think I am trying to be taught something. Smile. Try to take a walk even in the rain and wind...walks always helped clear my mind. Oh...by the way enjoy your sleep! I was up from 3 am on last night with a gassy newborn! Hang in there...you will see your beautiful baby soon!

Traci K said...

Ditto the comment from Megan...be glad you can get sleep while you can. You'll be seeing double (or should I make that triple with Trevan in the picture) soon!

AmyB said...

Oh dear. I remember when the due date came...I was sure it would pass on by, but I went into labor at 9 pm. So there is hope! I function much better on a schedule, so I sympathize with you -- not knowing when this HUGE event will happen does drive a person bonkers! Just don't do like I did and say "I'm so bored!" That sure changed in a hurry! :-)Here's hoping for some quick relief, and soon! Love, Amy

GIEJ Long said...

Jill, I think you are better off tonight than I am. Right now I am nursing the baby and writing this with one hand (in bed). I decided to take the laptop with me in bed so that time would pass quicker and also to help me stay awake... You'll soon see how it is to be super tired and not be able to sleep...
Anyway, Jonathan came 2 days late, so I understand perfectly how you feel. Good luck!!!
Ivona

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your precious baby girl!!!! :) Love, Laurie and girlies xo