(Please link us only if we know you! We use just first names and ask you to do the same - thanks!)
Monday, January 7, 2008
A little update for curious folks
I know that there are people out there who don't want to pester us with calls and emails but who are curious about what's up by now ... so this post is for you! I went to the midwife this morning and everything looks good with baby and my health and the midwife and I agreed that it was time to check things out ... so I'm 3 cm dilated, 75% effaced, and baby's head is low and well positioned. Which basically means nothing (in terms of predictions) but is encouraging, nevertheless - it means that indeed I won't be pregnant forever - whew! =) For now, I'm off to do a lap around Green Lake. I know I'm very fortunate to feel up to doing 3 mile walks, still! Thanks for all of the happy thoughts that have been directed our way lately!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Jill, Thanks so much for keeping us posted! I was hoping that you would try to keep us updated on your blog so I keep checking. Im so excited for you guys and best of luck!! Jane
You are doing so great Jill. Almost 1/2 way dilated is awesome! I've been thinking of you every day, and I can't wait to hear about your baby! Honestly, you will not be PG forever (believe me I know) and soon you will have your little one in your arms. I hope you have a WONDERFUL labor and delivery! I keep thinking about mine last week and it was so worth the wait! If you go a little late feel free to e-mail me to vent! Lots of luck for a great and quick labor! Love, Meg
You are right. We are waiting with you! Best wishes, and keep walking. You are amazing! Looking forward to meeting your baby girl. Wanda
Jill and Trevan, thanks for the update. We are thinking of you. Good luck!!!!! Hugs, Taylors
Hi Jill! I am one of those this update is for! One of the curious... :-)
I just want to encourage you and remind you that I was dilated to 5 cm and 90% effaced for 2 weeks!!! I am just teasing you, I know the way it was with me was very unusual! I am sure this WON'T happen to you! Anyway, I already forgot about it and I am enjoying little Jonathan who is a little more than 2 weeks old.
Good luck to you and can't wait to see your little baby girl.
Ivona.
Hi Jill! Glad to hear that things are going in the right direction for "D Day"! Gina wanted me to mention to you that if you haven't gotten a jogging stroller yet, to get one with a front wheel that swivels. Mine doesn't and it's a bear to try to steer.:) I took a picture when Gina and I went to the zoo just for you...I'll post it on our blog, just to make you feel better.:) www.k4blogspot.blogspot.com. Good luck in the next few days!--Mike, Traci, Justin and Jarin
Good for you! I was still running three miles up until a month before my due date with my first/two weeks before his actual birth date. There's a visual for you. I imagine it was quite a sight. It felt so good, though, to stay active. You are so close. How exciting!!!
Regarding jog stroller suggestions. Maybe your not looking for one, but here's one anyway. :) Shawn & Koral got a B.O.B. I went for a walk with the boys in it at Eagle Bend convention, and it was AWESOME! Wish I'd gotten one of these.
Can't wait to hear your news. Hugs.
Thanks Lani ... we actually bought a BOB exactly like theirs a number of months ago, when they were on sale at REI! They have fantastic reviews online so I'm glad to hear S&K like theirs. Cheers!
Hi Jill,
Good to hear your news! I remember being excited to be 1 cm dilated :-) So three is great...all the more closer to 10! Wishing you all the best & if you ever are looking for a walking companion, let us know! Love, Dayla
We've been thinking of you, too! Hope you enjoyed your walk yesterday. We'll be anxious to meet her when she arrives. Best wishes for delivery soon!
~ Lisa
You're so close! ...and you are so amazing to still be walking like that! We can't wait to see you 3 in a few months (hopefully)! Thanks for keeping us posted. We'll be anxious to hear how it goes. ~Amy Ryan & Damion
Post a Comment