Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bending over backwards for her already!


Well ... Monday's midwife appointment left the rest of the week a bit rearranged and topsy turvy. It turns out that Baby Z is just like the rest of us in that she prefers to be head-up rather than head-down. They sent me for an ultrasound to confirm that she is indeed breech. The benefit of that was that I got the added assurance that she is indeed a "she" ... AND we saw her playing with her hair so the ultrasound tech declared her to be a "girlie girl" already. Uh oh! The bummer is that so far our inversion table hasn't worked. I went to an acupuncturist yesterday and boy was that ever an experience! Eight needles - only a few of them actually hurt and mostly because they agitated an entire region rather than from the poke. There really IS something to energy meridians I'm sure! My homework is to drink the nastiest herb tea you've ever smelled/tasted and to burn a special stick near a certain acupuncture point (which happens to be beside the little toenail - go figure!) So far that hasn't been successful either. But, oh, that's right - I "accidentally" dumped the 2nd half of my first mug of tea down the kitchen drain! I'll try to get my courage up for another dose this morning ... YUCK! Dear Trevan spent the obligatory 10 minutes burning the stick beside my toes last night. If she doesn't turn by next week they'll send me to an OB for an eversion attempt(manual turning from the outside).
If you'd like to share your success story about your baby turning after 27 weeks, grand! Or, if you'd like to just join the cheer squad, the preferred song is "Turn, Turn, Turn" =)
And for a change of topic, check out this fun rendition of "Twelve Days of Christmas" if you'd like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8 - Thanks for the link, Dad!

5 comments:

Boyd Family said...

I am crossing my fingers that she will turn...little stinker! Keep doing the exercises and hopefully turning manually (which I heard can be painful) will get her headed in the right direction. If it is any consolation I still haven't had our baby and he is getting very big...so am I!

Brent and Dayla said...

I hope natural remedies or the version are a success. Perhaps she is just a smart little girl that knows what is best :-) Like sitting right side up! Good luck! Love, Dayla

Anonymous said...

Easy now folks, let's not talk of pain just yet! Jill, maybe you should work on getting a severe case of the hiccups. (i.e. Eat the contents of a supersized MickyDees value meal in 43.7 seconds flat, then wash it down with a Big Gulp RootBeer.) Once the hiccups are really rockin', then invert yourself on the inversion table while Trevin holds a burning stick by your toes. I bet that'll get her turned around. Just a thought. (your never-been-there friend Kosha)

Anonymous said...

Jill, hang in there, girl!!!!! She will turn! SHE WILL TURN! She's just smart and likes to be right side up....just like you said. She will get the courage up to flip when SHE is ready to come out! I am telling ya...my first girlie did the SAME thing...and she turned in the middle of labor....really and truly. Hang in there. Love the cute little heart with your hands....can't wait to meet lil missy zosel! PS..i heard that that tea and the stick has worked for a friend of ours....sounds silly, but it did work.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jill,
Sorry you had to go through all that, now the new song is "stay stay stay" right? I have heard that chiropractor's can be very successful with the Webster technique in turning babies, in case she goes back. Also, with my hypnobirthing birthing class, there are special sessions you can do that have really good results at truning babies. Otherwise, my midwife has told me to not sit in recliners with my feet reclined or feet up on the coffee table. Keep your pelvis tilted anteriorly - the exercise ball works great for this - and letting your belly just hang forward (don't cross your legs - not that you can anyway - I can't!). This helps the baby to face posteriorly which is the best position for your baby to be in as well. Strattling (is that a word) a chair with the back of the chair facing you is good too. Good luck!! Jane Nesvog