Monday, December 3, 2007

Diane's Market Kitchen


What a Treat!! Dave invited us to join a group celebrating Heidi's birthday ... First we toured the market. Here, Dave and Heidi share a sample of gourmet bleu cheese ...

Back at the kitchen, the work begins. Fresh ingredients, expert tips for preparation, and lots of yummy herb aromas filling the air. Meghan W. practices chopping shallots "correctly" Trevan and Nicole prepare the appetizer - I wasn't allowed to have this one because the cheese was unpasteurized and honestly I don't really know what it was!
Diane works with Meghan while Dave and Heidi de-beard mussels!
Aaron and I "plating" the Penn Cove Mussels in Coconut Curry sauce .... mmmm!
Looks good enough to eat!
Isn't that right, Heidi and Ben?? Think this was right up there on their list of favorites!

Yummy bread plates ...
Ben and Dave prepare the pork tenderloin, stuffing it with rosemary and garlic - they look like pros, don't you think?
Ok, enough pictures ... there were White Truffle Cream mashed potatos and red chard to go with the tenderloin. Then, a surprise orange poppy seed layer cake with chocolate ganache to tickle the tongue in honor of Heidi's birthday. From start to finish? 4.5 hours of talking, learning, chopping, and savouring! What a treat!

5 comments:

Regina said...

I see some faces I recognize! I found you through Gina's blog...who I had the privilage of meeting over Thanksgiving!
Hope all is going well for y'all! I see that there's a little one on the way!?! Exciting!

Traci K said...

What fun! Glad to see the Foster family at work! Hope Heidi had a fun birthday! Hi to them all!

Paula Jo said...

Welcome to the world of blogs. Found you of Brent & Dayla's blog. We will be keeping track of you and the new addition. I did get your email sorry I didn't get back to you, been realy busy. ps. I love my moby wrap. FYI: we learned that Kirkland diapers are huggies supreme's (my favorite,esp considering the $ savings). Pampers swadlers and huggies a toss up depending the size of baby and skinny or chuby legs, you will have to see what you like best.

http://gregandpaula.blogspot.com

escondlc said...

Couldn't NOT leave a response to this post since that's some of my kin in your pictures! Fun to see what Heidi was treated to for her b'day. We're here in HI with TLC having a very non-beach-weather week, but enjoying the time together anyway. It may be sunnier in Kauai next week, or so we hope!
I enjoy checking in on your blog since stumbling across it recently and perhaps we can even meet you & Trevan in person one day, and Baby Z too! I look forward to seeing pictures of the little one when she arrives. TLC has probably told you that Pete & I were with John & Linda in TX when the guys were in basic training and we were both expecting our first babies. Way back in the '60s =)
Aloha from Deena C.

Lani said...

So fun... wish I could have been there. Also fun to "find" your blog. Hope all is well with each of you. Hugs, Lani & boys